This morning as my husband and I watched the morning Houston fog dissipate, I realized, for the first time in days, the drug-induced "fog" in my mind was also beginning to lift. I feel like George Bailey in "It's A Wonderful Life," when he laments, "I want to live again!"
When you go through a period of illness or disability, it seems that every conversation focuses on "How do you feel?" That's the way it must be, and questions come from loving, caring hearts... but I am so tired of talking about how I feel!
I want to think of other things. So today... I am.
I am thinking of:
- MY MAN - Who through 38 years of married life, has loved and cared for me, "For better or for worse, for richer or for poorer, in sickness and in health." He had me play his song for me this morning... Celtic Thunder singing "I'm Gonna Be (500 miles)". Ahhh... brought tears to my eyes... how I love MY MAN.
- MY NEW BOOK - Yep. Today I'm going to start it! Three Cups of Tea by Greg Mortenson.
- MY NEW DREAM - When I return to India... taking a ministry trip to Nepal with my friend, Sue, who just returned from there... and then planted that desire in me to go back with her! (And prompted me to order MY NEW BOOK.)
- MY CHURCH FAMILY - Expressions of their love abound... lovely cards, flowers, comforting, nourishing soups and casseroles... and TREAT cupcakes!.. Now... how blessed can a gal be? "And all these blessings shall come on thee, and overtake thee..." ~ Deut. 28:2
- MY FAITHFUL GOD - Who "Giveth more grace... He giveth and giveth and giveth again."
SO... tweaking the words of a cute little monster movie... GO AWAY BAD FOG... BOO!!!