Monarch on my patio.
I've heard it said that those who stay younger and even healthier are the ones who are always anticipating what is ahead...as opposed to always looking back. When I first became an empty-nester, and was dealing with health issues as well...I got stuck living in the past, for a while. And thinking my life was nearly over. But when I allowed God to change my heart, He "quickened" my spirit, and set me on a course that causes me to be excited to get out of bed each day!
Birthday girl enjoying VBS.
The past few days I have delighted in:
- My granddaughter's first "blow-out" of a birthday party.
- Teaching VBS in my daughter's church...a circus theme...loads of fun!
- Beyond Opinion: Living the Life We Defend, another marvelous read by my favorite author, Ravi Zacharias.
- Making a huge batch of Texas Caviar.
- Finding "Mad About Jesus" Laboratories...can't wait to try some of those science object lessons!
- Taking my dog, Gypsy, for a swim in the Medina River.
Gypsy in the Medina River.
I love this quote from Michelangelo, "Ancor imparo," (I am still learning). The best part of this quote is that Michelangelo was 87 years of age when he said it!
"Lord...help me to keep a learner's heart...looking to You with confidence, trusting that you are the author AND finisher of my faith." ~Hebrew 12:2